I’ve just started shaving a goat, or yak, or whichever the ungulate of choice is this season. These are my steps so far.
- Trace out an API in MXML .
- But I can’t do that, because MXML won’t let me do what I want (yet).
- Master writing AS3 for building in MXML
- But I can’t do that, because I can’t find any references on the subject and none of my experiments have worked
- Write a blog about it.
- Yep, I can do that…
Update: solved – (or possibly never broken in the first place)
This I understand:
- each State is created and added to the FSMDeclaration values property.
- the id tag also means that it is added to the FSMDeclaration with its given id as its key
- the FSMDeclaration.initial value is set as the s1 instance of State.
Now look at these from the Flex framework:
Both instances of the Move Class (m1 and m2) are added to the children property of the parent Sequence. S1’s syntax is the same as my first (“this I understand”) example, as it uses the [DefaultProperty] tag, but what about s2? I can’t get this to work, what’s the magic formula?
Lets imagine I’ve solved (with your help) problem one:
Consider State s1. What I want to do is add a transition to it, but I don’t want to create a new one, I want to insert Transition t1, already created in the transitions property (the ref attribute is my own pseudo-syntax to describe what I want to do).
As I write, another way has occurred to me:
which would work, but to me is not so visually explanative.
Thank you for your help.